Many gyms and training facilities fail to incorporate proper nutrition as a key factor in getting the results you want. This is often due to a lack of knowledge and resources. Whether your wanting to lose weight, gain muscle, or just optimize your results, a calorie-conscious balanced diet is the ticket to success.
So many people are working hard in the gym but not achieving the results they are looking for. A professionally designed nutrition program is the key to reaching optimal health and performance.
Healthy eating IS a one size fits all solution for optimal energy, natural weight loss, and building lean muscle mass. Healthy eating also looks amazing on every body.
You should not starve or deprive your body in frustrating effort to look thinner. Rather you should nourish and energize your body in order to fuel it for all the amazing things you are going to accomplish!
That is why at TKO we will not put you on a diet. Instead, we will provide the tools and information you need to actively pursue a healthy lifestyle. When you join the TKO Team you will experience real change and real weight loss, through real food and real coaching.
Here are a few pointers to start dejunking and retraining your body and mind to crave nutrient dense foods!
First, Cut out the C.R.A.P.
C. Carbonated Beverages, Energy Drinks, Fruit Juices, etc.
R. Refined Sugars, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sucralose, etc.
A. Artificial Colors, Artificial Flavors, Alcohol, etc.
P. Processed Foods, Preservatives, and Pesticides, etc.
- Focus your meals and snacks around nutrient density. Translation: Eat More Vegetables, Nuts, Seeds, and Fruits.
- If it comes in a Bag, Can, or Box be weary and READ THE INGREDIENT LIST! If there are ingredients that you cannot pronounce or define, they do not belong in your body.
- Only eat when your hungry.
- Drink lots of WATER. All Day. Every Day.
- Begin your day with a tall glass of water and fresh lemon.
- Pre-plan your meals and snacks so that you are not grabbing C.R.A.P. on the go.
- Try new things with an open mind. Example: try replacing your cow milk with almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, soy milk, etc.
- Be kind to yourself and maintain a positive outlook. Goals are reached by those who don’t give up.
We all have poor eating days, we all crave and enjoy our sugar addictions. When this happens enjoy your moment of rebellious gluttony, then get back on the health train. We’ll be right there with you through all the highs and lows. We’re all in this together!
We are passionate about teaching people how the food we eat does more than just impact our waistline. It is the ultimate building block of our overall health. Our goal is to teach others how to understand food’s effect on our bodies and implement incremental sustainable changes for a better life!
See ya at the gym!